Sunday, 16 September 2012

The Marl T Shirt.

Roughly a year ago my wardrobe contained an embarrassing number of blouses. In the past few months however the blouse has been replaced by a new staple - jersey t shirts in a rainbow array of colours. Not the most exciting piece but a good t shirt paired with black skinny jeans and a boot provides the basis of a go to outfit I like to pair with my Michael kors watch for some statement accessorising and a studded bag.

Quality is key. I used to haul primark tees for ridiculously cheap pricing but found they fell apart one wash in. My current favourite t shirt in the most boring (but versatile!) shade of grey is from Topshop. For £14 you get a t shirt made from decent cotton that also hangs well when worn. This summer has also seen me pick up a few from New Look, they do a great range of colours and a lovely cropped style that is perfect paired with disco pants.

Colourways. I find a basic grey, white and black tee essential as items that can be paired with anything and look great with a bright lip. Acid bright tees are also surprisingly versatile though - the neon yellow number pictured I have worn with black riding pants, leather shorts for drinks or a high waisted chiffon skirt.

The photos give a good idea of typical outfits I'd wear daily based around a jersey tee. Outfit one involves my current go to t shirt, a pale grey Topshop number with a lovely dipped hem. The red Primark blazer gives colour to an otherwise neutral ensemble whilst the Mulberry Alexa pulls the outfit together. Outfit two works both casually or for drinks - I like the contrast of the soft duck egg blue jersey with the black leather shorts (Topshop) whilst the necklace provides a nice gold accent. I picked up said necklace for five pounds in Primark, they seem to be doing gorgeous statement necklaces at the moment! Lastly outfit three is very casual, I like the contrast between the blue tee and bright red orange lip (Topshop lipstick in Rio Rio - an impulse buy that I have worn for the past week despite it being a totally inappropriate in your face red for the day). I'd wear this with my beloved black Topshop Leigh jeans and Nike blazers to avoid the lip looking too dressy.

Apologies for such a ramble length post on t shirts!

Amy X

.

No comments:

Post a Comment